Dr. Fatima Elkabti
Family: Dr. Mohammad Arif (husband), Zakaria Arif (son)
What are three facts that you want us to know about yourself?
- I'm an optometrist, and I love what I do! At my practice (Surpreyes Optometry, next to Target Optical), I perform glasses and contact lens exams, specialty contact lens fits, children's and diabetic exams, Latisse consultations and more. I love being able to be of service every day at work and being able to spend quality time with my patients.
- I love literature! I am always lost in a book.
- I was born and raised in California, and sometimes I miss the mountains.
What Inspires you to be a Women of Hope?
I have done optometry mission work in Latin America and a Fulbright Fellowship in Jordan, but I believe in thinking globally and working locally. On a visceral level, I am affronted that, in my own community, girls in need are being exploited, and as a graduate of a women's college, I know that we women can reach new heights when we uplift each other.
What ways are you involved in the community?
At Surpreyes Optometry, I partner with PATH (People Attempting to Help) to provide eye exams to those who cannot afford them. On the interfaith front, I've volunteered at events hoping to demystify Islam and Muslims.
What is a fun fact about you?
I never broke a bone.
Make a donation
Help me reach my fundraising goal:
- You can sponsor a table below OR
- Make a custom donation at the bottom of the form