Family: Jake (husband) Beau, Luke, Ben
What are three facts that you want us to know about yourself?
- I am an army brat who has lived from the east to the west coast and in Europe, but I proudly claim Texas as my roots. I was born in Texas an found m way back for high school, medical school, and now as a family we have planted ourselves in beautiful East Texas!
- I have been a foster mom for 2 1/2 years, who has been able to call two little loves my son and daughter. I believe that every child should have the chance to be held, loved and prayed for and I am humbled to get to play a part in that.
- I am a family physician and consider it a privilege that people trust me with their problems and concerns. I feel that God called me to this ministry many years ago and it is an honor to get to care for the physical and emotional needs of my patients.
What inspires you to be a Women of Hope?
I am an advocate of freedom in every sense of the word. There is freedom found through Jesus Christ first and foremost, and freedom to choose your path, future, and goals. This can only happen when we have brave people willing to stand up for those who can’t speak for themselves. I seek to be one of those women as I can’t just advocate for orphan care and not also be a proponent of prevention and education before children even reach the foster system. I believe we can help young girls and empower them to be strong and make wise decisions that may change the course of their life.
What are ways you are involved in the community?
I am a member at Grace Community Church - University Boulevard Campus and am a community group leader and Bible study leader with my husband, Jake. We hope to come alongside families and serve our city and neighborhoods by loving each other like Jesus loves us. I have been involved in bible study fellowship for 5 years and enjoy the fellowship and encouragement with over 800 Tyler area women who do the same every week. I stay involved in charity races and events as much as possible. I also proudly support my husband who is a dentist serving the teeth and folks of East Texas.
What is a fun fact about you?
I enjoy backpacking and camping and proudly can claim that I have summited Colorado rocky mountains over 14,000 feet 15 times.
Make a donation
Help me reach my fundraising goal:
- You can sponsor a table below OR
- Make a custom donation at the bottom of the form