Family: Josh (husband) Sawyer, Rowan
Occupation: Stay at home momma/homemaker
What are three facts that you want us to know about yourself?
- I moved from the Texas panhandle 2 1/2 years ago
- We bought a farm outside of Tyler (total new experience) to grow our babies, food, and raise chickens.
- My dream job is being a stay at home mom and homemaker. I love to cook, bake, DIY projects, craft, garden… not so much cleaning.
What inspires you to be a Women of Hope?
My mom truly lived her life with a servant’s heart. She found joy in giving and serving others, meeting needs when and where she could. It was something I noticed and picked up on at an early age. She would say, “We can’t change the world, but if we can make a difference or change the world for one person, it is always worth it!” I now have a daughter watching closely and mimicking the life I live. This is the message I want my children to receive and to realize the importance of investing in the lives of others. I believe in the work that For The Silent is doing. I especially love the program “I Have A Voice”. Investing time and building relationships with girls who are most vulnerable to sexual exploitation not only allows them to gain important knowledge but they're being empowered and building self worth. The program is literally making a difference and changing the world for one girl at a time. It’s beautiful, full of hope, and always worth it!
What ways are you involved in the community?
- I have volunteered with the American Cancer Society for the past 14 years.
- Volunteer involvement at King’s Academy, where our kids go to school.
- Honestly, I am still finding my way and connections after being in a grief fog from losing my mom.
What is a fun fact about you?
My favorite verse is Hebrews 6:19- “For we have this hope as an anchor for our soul- both firm and secure”.
My daughter Rowan (pictured) is 5 years old, will start kindergarten in the Fall, loves the color purple and taking care of her chickens. She is a good momma to her baby dolls and loves to help her momma in the kitchen.
Make a donation
Help me reach my fundraising goal:
- You can sponsor a table below OR
- Make a custom donation at the bottom of the form