Family: James (husband) Zeke, Calleigh, Canaan
Occupation: Stay at Home Mom and Wordpress Website Maintenance and Copywriter
What are three facts that you want us to know about yourself?
- For me pretty much everything is better with a cup of coffee and deep conversation.
- I love making food and bringing people around the table, so much so that my husband always teases me when I'm cooking, saying "who is coming over tonight or is this just for us?"
- I love people, love really understanding, and knowing someone's heart. Such treasure is hidden in people.
What Inspires you to be a Women of Hope?
"He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us." 2 Corinthians 1:4 These words are kept close to my heart and inspire me.
I so admire the For the Silent Team, the staff and volunteers of this organization. They are some of the gentlest warriors you will ever see. Daily they see the beauty and value in those who have never seen it for themselves. They are cultivators of worth and hope in a desolate culture. They inspire me.
What ways are you involved in the community?
I love the community God has placed me in and the friendships that He has so sweetly brought into my life. Here are some places I am currently spending my time.
Community starts here — my family. I have been blessed more than I deserve with a man who loves me better than I ever could have known possible, and my three kids (one quirky & responsible, one daring & creative, and one wild & loud, and I'll let you figure out which is which).
My church, Soma Church, I love these people so much. I serve as a Women's Ministry Leader and had the honor of launching and facilitating "Meris," which is my heart, that the greatest ministry of my life will happen around the table.
My neighborhood and my children's school
What is a fun fact about you?
Weirdly, I delight in letting my feet sink deeper and deeper into the slurried mix of salt water and sand while staring out at the horizon, or you can just say I really love the beach.
Make a donation
Help me reach my fundraising goal:
- You can sponsor a table below OR
- Make a custom donation at the bottom of the form