Family: Eric (husband) Gavin, Gage
Occupation: Life and Business Coach
What are three facts that you want us to know about yourself?
- I have been married to my college sweetheart for 22 years.
- I am a proud mom of two teenage sons and watching them grow into strong, loving young men is my greatest joy.
- I am a life and business coach for moms growing a business around something they are called to do. I believe that women can not only raise their children in meaningful ways, but also chase their dreams doing something they love.
What inspires you to be a Women of Hope?
I believe that each and every one of us is created for a specific purpose. These young girls that find themselves in a life of struggle and injustice don't believe that they are worthy of God's love, let alone living a life filled with purpose and joy. I am inspired by the work that For the Silent is doing in our community and I am honored to be a small part of that work.
What ways are you involved in the community?
I am on the advisory board and teach the communications skills and Jobs For Life curriculum each semester for Christian Women's Job Corps of Lindale, TX.
My friend, Traci Dixon, and I host a weekly podcast called Story Cast where we give women a stage to share their unique stories. We believe that we all have a story to share and that stories heal and build community around women.
What is a fun fact about you?
I met my husband at a western swing class in college. He was the only male in a group of about 15 women. He danced with each and everyone of us, me being the last. Go figure!
Make a donation
Help me reach my fundraising goal:
- You can sponsor a table below OR
- Make a custom donation at the bottom of the form