Family: Robert (husband) Joanna, Micah, Elijah, Joshua, and Miriam
Occupation: Distributor for Young Living Essential Oils
What are three facts that you want us to know about yourself?
- I am married to the most amazing man. My husband, Robert Garcia, is a CIT deputy for Smith County and the most selfless man I know.
- I am the mother of five children, ages 18 months up to 10 years. We also have one sweet baby who has already gone to be with Jesus.
- I am not a perfect woman. The house is usually messy, the laundry is always piled up, and I lose my patience more often than I care to admit. But God is good and gracious and His mercies are new every morning. I strive to bring glory to His name in all that I do.
What Inspires you to be a Women of Hope?
I am inspired by many hope-filled women; the staff at For The Silent, the women in my church family, and the women who helped raise me; all of them are clothed in strength and dignity, their hope is in the Lord and they laugh without fear of the future. This is what I hope for all women, especially the victims and those at risk of becoming victims of sex trafficking. This is what I see provided by For The Silent; a chance to laugh without fear of the future. And lastly, my own little girls inspire me. I want Joanna and Miriam to grow in grace and to become women of hope themselves.
What ways are you involved in the community?
In the past, I have volunteered as a facilitator for I Have A Voice. Currently, I attend Living Acts Church with my family. During this season of life, most of my energy is poured into raising the 5 future community leaders under my own roof.
What is a fun fact about you?
I love tacos. If the question is “what would like to eat?” The answer is always tacos.
Make a donation
Help me reach my fundraising goal:
- You can sponsor a table below OR
- Make a custom donation at the bottom of the form